Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

NW3 Slow Connection

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b3231ff86f64a3b04cd86b494eb8664084...

I'm getting intermittent connection and huge packet loss since the lockdown started (3 days ago).
WiFi signal is strong and I've tried pretty much every channel but it makes no difference.
The service status page notified me yesterday of a problem in my area and I've received a notification this morning saying this problem was "fixed", but as you can see from the graph, it's only been fixed for a couple hours...

Any idea what's happening? (NW3 London)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: NW3 Slow Connection

Try a reboot to see if the Hub can renegotiate a better connection using this method ...

Switch the Hub off using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord and pull the PSU plug from the wall socket.

Give it a good 5 minutes put the plug back in and switch the Hub back on.

Allow the Hub a few minutes to fully restart then try your connection again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike - I've done that but the issue still persists. I've contacted other people in my building and they're having the same issues so I suspect it's a problem in my area. Weird that the service status check is all green...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You need to call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos