Menu
nufc179
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

NEW 350 UPDATE HUB

Hi trying to upgrade 2 350 but i have old hub & VM say i need to pay £35 for a new hub why should i pay that its not my problem that VM have not sent me a new one so i could roll out to 350.I already pay over the top anyway £56 a month & that's just home phone what's not used & my internet.Been a VM customer for 10 years im discussed.

Its like buying a new super phone fastest with the fastest internet connection on it but then getting told sorry it do not come with a microphone the microphone will cost £35 more

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEW 350 UPDATE HUB

Standard activation fee.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You could try using the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme first - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's. Once on it - a speed upgrade is just a phone call away

If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance as it is a free upgrade (+ small delivery charge) but when calling in they always (historically) wanted to charge customers. So a VM person on here should sort the free upgrade for you.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
nufc179
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So VM people don't tell anyone of their customers that if you upgrade to 350 you need a new hub & then they trap you to phone them & when you do it's a sales team what answer the phone.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I know.

Its crazy these darn businesses making money and such.

Crazy world. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos