Menu
DeeLee
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My speed is awful

My internet speed is around 20-30MB for large parts of every day.  Today my download speed was about 1.5MB for hours.  What is going on? 200MB?? A joke

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My speed is awful

Over wired or wireless?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
DeeLee
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wireless, though if I understand correctly Speedtest.net tests the router to network speed.  Thus has been happening for weeks.  It will occasionally speed up and hit 160-180MB but not often.

I am concerned that it is a network capacity issue caused by the amount of people working from home or out of school.  If it is that i would just like to know.

Cheers

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You need to speedtest when wired direct to the hub from a gigabit enabled device not over wireless. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
DeeLee
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My speed has consistently been 160MB+ for weeks until the last 6 weeks or so.  It is now slow on every laptop in the house, even when 4 feet away from the router.  At certain points in the day it will suddenly shoot up to 130-140MB.  Other times it will be below 5MB for an hour, but typically runs at 20MB.  We all use Apple Macs and can't connect direct to the router.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Then there’s no way of confirming the speeds being delivered to your hub.

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin page 

0 Kudos