Is this acceptable I’m paying for M500 and this is my Speedtest  

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My package deal speed vs real speed

Acceptable ... No.

However if there's a utilisation fault in your area it may well jot get any better anytime before people start going back to work and school.

I trust you have tested the service with a device connected directly to the hub by Ethernet cable.

Consider having data backup through 4G for important connections.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
Irishdexy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not Acceptable no, but there are many us on the M500 Package facing the same issue. With Lockdown bringing folk home, the connections are getting slower and slower.

If you wanted to try and keep track of the Quality of the Connection; you could set up a BQM at Think Broadband, and that will track how stable it is, and this can track it for as long as you like and it will prove without a doubt that there is an issue.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Irishdexy wrote:

Not Acceptable no, but there are many us on the M500 Package facing the same issue.

It's woth noting here that this issue affects everybody regarless of their package.

50Mbps customers wiill get the same as the 500mbps customers during these issues.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction