cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new virgin media hub 4 is very slow and extremely hot

Shevunique
Joining in

Hi,

My newly installed connection has become very slow and my virgin media hub is so hot it feels like it will catch fire.

Is there a fault. It's a hot summer day but the router is in a well ventilated area. Virgin media hub 4.

Is it faulty? Very concerned it might a fire risk but can't find a number to speak to anyone at the Virgin or voicechat?? Has the company opted out of having a customer service department?

Thanks.

S

4 REPLIES 4

BillBudd
Superfast

Hi,

If you have a VM landline call 150 or 151.  Or try 0345 454 1111 (I am not 100% sure of that number).

Bill

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI Shevunique, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband equipment. 

As you have reported the Hub is hot to touch, we will need to arrange a visit from our field team to investigate further. To arrange this, I will pop you over a private message now. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

In the meantime, please ensure you power down the equipment overnight and when left unattended.

Thank you, 

Nat

Hi

Since agreeing a new contract,  my new virgin media hub 4 is also very slow and extremely hot.  I was told the Wi-Fi would improve, but it gotten much worse, yet it's costing me more!

I'be been trying to speak to someone at Virgin, but I can't get through to anyone.

Cheers, Eddie

Hi @Eddie60

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of the hub is getting hot - to confirm, it's not in direct sunlight is it? Or in a cupboard or anything like that? It's free of any obstacles etc? 

I have also had a look at the WiFi and there's no issues/area outages to report and your levels are all in spec. No issues with SNR or congestion either. Can you download the Connect App for me on your phone - https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app - then you'll be able to do a wireless scan in the property to see if you can optimise the connection. If a Pod is required, you'll be prompted to order one. 

Let me know about the hub though as want to get that sorted.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill