Menu
Tomgreenwood86
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My internet speeds through my network adapters is poor is there anything I can do?

I have a super hub 3 which was slow so I invested in a r800 net gear router and tp link network adapters but my speed is very intermittent. Wondering if I pay to move my router upstairs? Or is there a network adapter which works better as my games room is in the extension of my house and curry’s told me if it’s in separate wiring the adapters struggle?? Any help would be great. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My internet speeds through my network adapters is poor is there anything I can do?

Can you explain how your LAN is set up please.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Tomgreenwood86
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My internet speeds through my network adapters is poor is there anything I can do?

Hike Mike so I have my super hub with my fibre optic cable in then 1 Ethernet connecting to my nighthawk which then has 2 tv Ethernets connected and my network adapter into a wall socket near the router. That’s connected to my network adapter in my extension upstairs into my ps5.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is your Hub in Router or Modem Mode ?

Is the Nighthawk in DHCP Mode ?

Network Adaptor - is that Powerline adaptor ?

What Make and Model are the 'network adaptors' ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What is your contracted speed ?

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

then

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

0 Kudos
Tomgreenwood86
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike I’ve just bought a cat 7 Ethernet cable. My super hub is in modem mode. I don’t know if my router is in dhcp mode. Will that help it?

0 Kudos