Menu
todger1
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: My 2.4 ghz wifi is below 1 mhz...my upstream power is 55 mv on one channel only.

Went down the reset power thingy yesterday...that was an hour I'll never get back..😅

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My 2.4 ghz wifi is below 1 mhz...my upstream power is 55 mv on one channel only.

So there's probably not much you can do other than making sure all connections are good on your side, removing any splitters you don't need, and removing any attenuators.

You are barely connected. Outside of doing the above you need VMO2 to sort this. 

0 Kudos
todger1
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

How do i book an engineer.

My upstream dbvm is 55 and I have only one channel. The VM fitted hdu is showing red not green and has apparently died.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Community elder
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do i book an engineer.

Again? - Did you not have this issue on Friday?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
todger1
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It hasn't gone away and wont until an engineer adjusts my settings in the tap box..

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for your post Todger1,

I'd be happy to book you an engineer to resolve this for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
todger1
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

So, an update on broadband issues... Virgin sent an engineer yesterday am and he replaced several connections including one in the tap box which is about 20 years old in the pavement. He removed the hdu and although we now had 4 channels, dbmv was still high at 57. Another engineer popped round late afternoon and fitted an outdoor hdu and levels are now acceptable at 47. 

The issue of 2.4meg broadband dropping off to 1 meg is a strange one. 2 hours on chat to tplink regarding my powerline extender provided no resolution other than...speedtest reports this issue on Android but reports ok at 30 plus mbps on ipad. Wired connections are 370mbps and in the same room as the router 2.4 wifi is 90 plus mbps. This drops off through the house due to its construction which is why I have powerline. Everything connected works fine. So I'll run with it for now. Thanks everyone for the assistance. Also a wired connection to the virgin engineers laptop from the powerline extender reported 60 mbps, which is roughly the same as 5ghz depending on time of day...

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi todger1, thanks for keeping the thread updated it's appreciated. Really glad to hear there's been an improvement since the visit.

If you encounter any more issues or if there's anything else we can help with don't hesitate to give us another shout. 

Tom

0 Kudos