Menu
Cartwright
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Multiple problems V6 interactive services

Netflix, Amazon Prime, On Demand (eg I Player) not working or intermittent. Sound momentarily dropping out on HD channels. Using V6 box and Hub3. 
Broadband speed intermittently low, measured as low as 1.7Mb, mid 40s Mb. I’m paying for 500Mb.....so very frustrated and annoyed, to the point of considering swapping supplier. 
After numerous calls to help desk, and receiving their standard script of “problems in area, will be fixed soon”. Managed to get an engineer to visit 4 days ago. 2 days later same issues. Called help desk.....guess what......”problems in area will be fixed next month!”

Can anyone offer advice? Does anyone have a number for a UK help desk?

Been a customer for 20+ years. But loyalty doesn’t appear to be valued by Virgin. I’m also a member of the Institute of Customer Service and feel qualified to say that the Virgin set up is designed to delay and confuse and frustrate and not to help  

Advice anyone?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multiple problems V6 interactive services

@Cartwright 

I'ved moved your post to the broadband section, as it sounds like your underlying issue is your broadband speed. As you know, your V6 connects to your homehub to use the internet, and if you're getting slow internet speeds - that is the issue that needs fixing.

I'll caveat this - when you say you're measuring broadband speed, how are you doing this? Others in this board are far more experienced with the broadband speed than me, but you need to be doing this over a wired Ethernet connection in order to eliminate WiFi issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos