cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Virgin Media UK 1Gig Broadband Users See 100Mbps Uploads

dmason197
Fibre optic

So when will I see an improvement in the ghost calls I keep receiving?

Also on numerous occasions when I try using the landline I keep getting a dead dialing tone and It takes several attempts too make a successful call connection?

I have also seen a link where people on 1Gig Broadband are now seeing 100Mbps Upload speeds?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/03/more-virgin-media-uk-1gig-broadband-users-see-100mbps-...

When will I see this improvement in my connection speeds?

Kind regards 

23 REPLIES 23

prt32
Superfast
When will I see this improvement in my connection speeds?
Maybe when VM announce it.

Well they announced this some time ago for business customers?

And If u see the website link I have posted you will see people on residential packages also seeing an increase too there upload speeds?

So I was asking If the forum team can supply these improved upload speeds against my configuration?

As I would definitely benefit from these improved 100Mbps Uploads?

Kind regards 

Dean 👍 👍 👍 

100Mb/s in the Upstream enables transmission of 1080 Gigabytes per day.

I wonder what percentage of that is going to go to waste.

With mixed 3.0 & 3.1 DOCSIS channels, extra speed may come at the price of higher latency and jitter.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Client62 wrote:

speed tests😃

---------------------------------------------------------------

@Client62 wrote:

With mixed 3.0 & 3.1 DOCSIS channels, extra speed may come at the price of higher latency and jitter.

I believe that what VM is doing is upgrading the worst parts of its network so that the upload spectrum is both sufficent and stable for 100Mbps. As this upgrade will probably be done at modest cost I don't see it "going to waste".

As for latency: the speed increase is about bandwidth and it's not going to make latency worse.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Well they announced this some time ago for business customers?

And If u see the website link I have posted you will see people on residential packages also seeing an increase too there upload speeds?

So I was asking If the forum team can supply these improved upload speeds against my configuration?

Kind regards 

Dean 👍 👍 👍 

The forum team has very possibly not been informed when each area will get 100Mbps upload speed.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

@dmason197 wrote:

Kind regards 

Dean 👍 👍 👍 

They can't, no.

If you want them immediately you'll need to go with a business service otherwise when it's ready your modem will disconnect and reconnect with the new configuration. 

@Client62 wrote:

Hopefully lots with each customer else the network grinds to a halt, it and every other broadband network being built on the premise that nearly all of a customer's maximum capacity goes to 'waste'.

I can consume all the capacity available to my local area. I don't even manage 0.1% on 95th percentile.