Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mobile barely connecting but everything else is fine

Hi,

I have Hub 3.0 with the fastest speed Virgin provides but my mobile phone (as well as my partners) barely work on the network at all; constant connection issues or very slow performance. We both just use our data rather than the WiFi.

Is there something I can do to resolve this? Restarted endlessly over the last 6 months but no improvement. The router is 2 years old. Any suggestions appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile barely connecting but everything else is fine

You may be as well refining your Wi-Fi management, it will certainly help keeping track of your Wi-Fi frequencies.

Best done with a cable connected device.

Instructions for Hub 3

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

When you connect the devices do it at the furthest point from the Hub that the device will be used.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Leo_ld2x07

Thanks for your post regarding the poor wifi connection 

Have you followed the advice given by @MikeRobbo

If so has this improved things 

Can you please let me know if you need any more assistance 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay it took time to organise a timeslot for this with a number of people working here.

Still no improvement unfortunately. My laptop and other devices are fine, 3 of 4 mobile devices still little to no connection..

I don't know if this is relevant but the router was present during some very dusty rennovations last year. It got a good hoovering out but I don't know if it would be a hardware issue.

Any other ideas would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, quick update - this has not become more urgent as the wifi is a problem for all devices now. Laptops are struggling making work difficult!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Has now become urgent*

(can't seem to edit the post)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leo_ld2x07, thanks for your post.

Sorry about the WiFI issues you've experienced. I've taken a look from here and everything appears to be fine, I appreciate your recent experience says otherwise though, and as the advice offered above hasn't help then at this stage the best course of action would be to arrange for a technician to check things over. 

So I have booked you in with the next available appointment. You will find the appointment time slot via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and it can be rescheduled or cancelled from there if needed.

Please let us know how that goes.

Tom

0 Kudos