Menu
Burakiosaurus
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed Test

Hi All,

I am a M500 customer, using the NetGear Orbi RBK50 with my Hub 4 in Modem mode. 

What is the best way to carry out a wired Speed Test, to see if I am getting the Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed of 258 Mbps?

Ethernet into the back of the Hub 4 whilst in Modem Mode? Or Ethernet into the back of the NetGear Orbi. 

Will use the Ookla Speed Test site as recommended by Virgin.

Thanks all! 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed Test

you can test into the orbi as long as its wired. If that doesn't give you the speed then test on the hub directly.

Make sure the device you test on has a gigabit network card
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Whilst the Orbi should be  entirely suitable, if you find you're getting speeds below the guaranteed minimum and want to invoke the terms of the guarantee, VM will certainly contest that it could be your equipment, and therefore you'd have to flip the hub into router mode before they'd accept the speed test results.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

true. thats why i said if the Orbi isn't giving the speeds test with the hub directly/. If the Orbi is giving the speeds wired no need to go to that trouble 🙂
0 Kudos