Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Massive variation in speed on M360

Our broadband speed over Wi-Fi seems to be very variable and we experience regular issues when using Zoom and other video conferencing applications. We often see messages about our connection being unstable and the video and sound will regularly lag or freeze. We are on the M360 package and after doing some speed tests via my iphone on Wi-Fi I have found that the speed seems to vary massively from anywhere between 301Mbps Down and 37Mbps Up right down to only 5Mbps Down and 5Mbps Up. We have tried video conferencing via both phone and laptop and both experience the same problem. Both have been within 5-6m of the Virgin router with one internal wall between them. I have carried out speed tests in the same location. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to further diagnose the problem?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive variation in speed on M360

what speeds do you get when wired

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive variation in speed on M360

You need to use a cable then

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos