Menu
blagsterh
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Massive peak time slow down

During Lock down I have had the opportunity to find out how bad my 100Mbps Virgin Broadband actually is. Everyday during what I would call peak hours, 1700 - 2300 hrs my connection speed drops from a reasonable 100Mbps wired and 50Mbps wireless to around 1- 2 Mbps on whatever you use. Yes that's right, this happens daily, like clockwork. The lag, the buffering the 900ms ping is for real. This is 100 times slower than what I pay for and at an exorbitant £63 per month!

Shocking I hear you say, but there is hope, there is a light! Just the other day the workmen were in the street digging up the road. I tentatively approached and asked what they were laying in the Tarmac.

The new Vodaphone fibre !!! It's in my street! Hurray!

I would love to hope that this post prompts Virgin into sorting out there appalling service and to stop slowing connections down when they are actually needed most but I already know the answer to that.

Just a little longer to wait for activation and it's bye bye Virgin (sloth, snail, tortoise) fibre forever more!!

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive peak time slow down

Good Morning blagsterh,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your broadband services. 

Due to lock down, with of course more people using the services at any one time, we've had more areas that have either had outages or classed as high utilisation - and therefore registered as faults.

I can see that currently in your local area there is an outage with the reference, and estimated times and dates below. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Remedy Number:F008178408  

Date Open:30 JUN 2020 13:36

Estimated end date:07 JUL 2020 13:40

0 Kudos