Menu
Jl619
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Massive latency spikes and slow speed

Hi I have been suffering this problem since October/November and it has only been getting worse. Latency will go from 30ms to 280ms+ every few seconds all day and will only seem to die down between 3am-8am. I am on the M200 fibre package but regularly only get 20mbs download speed along with packet loss. I have called multiple times and have replaced the Hub 3.0 with a new one to see if that would resolve the issue to no avail. I have been told it could be a congestion issue that will "shortly resolve itself" but has been going on for 5 months. I'm in KT1 and I am connected using an ethernet cable so its not a wifi problem. Is there any possible way to resolve this issue before i'm forced to change ISP?

Here is a link to my BQM live graph:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9f8970508bc2fa983cf9d14c3886e1aa35d283e7

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive latency spikes and slow speed

BQM indicates upstream over-utilisation.  A search of the forum will reveal the details and your options. Nothing will be done to resolve this in the near future, although there is a very good chance that it will clear up when lockdown ends and people go back to school and offices. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos