Re: Manchester 1gig

I'm sure the team are working to get this resolved asap. MH

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 12 of 44
Flag for a moderator

I also had letter saying maintenance being done in November?

Can some one from Virgin Media please confirm if a Maintenance is also upgrades? Does it mean they will then allow me to get the 1gig broadband? I have been waiting for a long long time for 1 gig speeds and it is going to be amazing when they do finally arrive. I will ring the VM team at 8am to ask them as well just to see what they think about what that Maintenance work will be?

Thanks in advance.............

I am also kinda gutted that so many have already been able to get the upgrade. I just hope that I do not have to wait much longer. I will be dreading paying the increased amount though £62 just for the broadband is pretty damn steep. But the retentions team might be able to bring the costs down for me I hope when they make the bundle up for me! I hope so anyway...........

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 44
Flag for a moderator

@DreamRJ 

I would save yourself the effort of calling in if I were you, the chances of a customer services rep having any idea what the purpose is of a specific maintenance downtime is slim to non-existent at best.

Also I am genuinely curious about why you seem so eager for a gigabit download connection - what practical difference will it actually make especially as you seem reticent about the cost increase?

I swear-down that the biggest use of a domestic one gigabit connection is to run repeated speed tests just to prove they have a one gigabit connection!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 14 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Because I am a heavy PC user and download a lot of data per day. I 100% do not just want it because I can then brag, why would I even want to do that? It is pointless.

I need a faster connection as the faster I can download files the less time it takes, meaning I can download even more because I then have extra time to do so.

It is actually not rocket science. Let me give you an example. You start a company, you need to employ a member of staff, They work an 8 hour shift. So after a month you realise more could be done if I had a second member of staff doing exactly the same job. So because currently I am on the M350 broadband, Being on the 1gig would increase my download speeds by nearly 140%. So what bothers me is people like you who do complain about people that do need the speed. We also should not have to justify why we do so either.

When you have the extra speed, you will utilise and use it more and more and thus maxing it most of the time. So increases in speeds will always be needed. Eventually we will be at 10gig speeds. Then in the next 20 years who knows. Maybe even 100gig speeds? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 15 of 44
Flag for a moderator

@DreamRJ wrote:

I need a faster connection as the faster I can download files the less time it takes, meaning I can download even more because I then have extra time to do so.

what are you downloading though?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 16 of 44
Flag for a moderator

I need the 1gbs service from virgin I’m in Telford and the 350mpbs I’m on is not fast enough for downloading digital game’s on consoles 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 17 of 44
Flag for a moderator

@Bistna444 wrote:

I need the 1gbs service from virgin I’m in Telford and the 350mpbs I’m on is not fast enough for downloading digital game’s on consoles 

you can't get it in Telford, so you'll need to live with the mesely 350Mbps you currently get.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 18 of 44
Flag for a moderator

I know that but wondering how long will I have to wait ? 10 years sarcasm 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 19 of 44
Flag for a moderator

@Bistna444 wrote:

I know that but wondering how long will I have to wait ? 10 years sarcasm 

maybe, maybe not

truly amazing though that people are saying that 350Mbps downstream is "not fast enough".
shakes head in disbelief.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 20 of 44
Flag for a moderator

We British people are way behind the states of USA 

they can get up to 10gbs service well jellous just saying .

0 Kudos