cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML6 Intermittent issues for over 2 weeks

flyingpig
Joining in

ML6 issues here constantly for over two weeks now. I've been with VM/NTL/BY/Telewest for about 20 years, and for the most part it's rock solid. When there is an external issue, it's usually very obvious.

I started receiving text messages from VM on the 11th of March, letting me know there was an issue in my area, usually letting me know a few hours later that it was all fixed. It certainly is not fixed. There has been several offline periods every day since that first text message came through. I check the service status through the VM site on my phone every time it goes down, and sure enough, every time after an initial "no issues", by the end of the run through, there is "an issue" in my area.

There obviously is an ongoing intermittent issue that isn't being found here. I sat and watched the engineers checking one box after another round the streets here earlier today before, yet again, the issue was "fixed". Just an hour or so later, I was watching the red ring flashing on the hub again.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but this all started literally to the day when another company started digging up the streets here to lay new cables right next to existing VM taps. They were not exactly careful, as our perimeter wall was damaged when they were digging right outside our house.

I know it's probably not an easy one, but it would be nice to know when or if we can rely on the connection to be reliable again.

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi flyingpig 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you've been facing some problems with your service recently. I can see that you've spoken with our team directly since your post, and they have been able to provide further assistance with this issue.

How are things looking since you last spoke with our team regarding this?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hey Reece. Thanks. Wish I didn't have to come back and post in here, but occasionally, you just have to 😉

Sorry for the late reply. I've been in the hospital for a few days, and just don't have the login details on my phone.

Had an engineer out to check over the SH4 here a couple of days after I posted. He found nothing wrong at this end. After giving him all the details, he did speak to Networks, and they were sure they'd found the actual problem and dealt with it (on the day that I posted). My other half has said she hasn't seen any disconnects since that time, so hopefully it is sorted now. There were several offline periods a day up to that point, so if they've stopped, then I'll assume they did finally find out what was going on out there...

Cheers.

Hi flyingpig, 

Thanks for taking the time to update your thread. We're glad to hear things seems to be resolved for you. 

Please keep us posted if you have any further issues and we hope you're recovering well from your hospital stay. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs