Menu
Dan21392
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

MAJOR Packet loss throughout the day

Hi,

Just wanted to make it known about the packet loss issue, high latency. From some recent posts I can see I am not the only one with this issue. From the 23/06 to present time, the amount of connection issues have been rampant.

Any service I use or games I play have consistent drops and packet losses.

I have posted the live graph. Packet loss has been occurring consistently since the 23rd. I have done all the usual checks with firewall, Modem resetting and also fully factory resetting it to see if anything helps but unfortunately not.

My Broadband Ping - Tester

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: MAJOR Packet loss throughout the day

This appears to be a major internet traffic routing issue that is affecting VM customers in the London and the SE.  Whilst comment from customers with some knowledge in this field indicates that it is not VM's immediate responsibility but a third party provider, the lack of any official comment or rapid response to the problem is quite telling.  

You could almost believe that VM don't have a 24/7 Network Operations Centre that is capable of monitoring traffic in real time, and putting in fast fixes when routing goes wrong or data centres go down, and notifying customers about the problem and expected fix time when such problems occur.

The good news is that if it isn't on VM's network, at least you're not dependent upon VM to fix it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks