Menu
alainchateau
Up to speed
Message 11 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: M600 package, speeds very poor after being rock solid for the last 6 months.

I've noticed in the first couple of hours monitoring I seem to be consistently getting 1-3% packet loss. Is this normal?
0 Kudos
conman33158
Knows their stuff
Message 12 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: M600 package, speeds very poor after being rock solid for the last 6 months.

@alainchateau wrote:
I've noticed in the first couple of hours monitoring I seem to be consistently getting 1-3% packet loss. Is this normal?

It's not mate, although this could be because of the upload power level issue.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
alainchateau
Up to speed
Message 13 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Worth putting a call into VM or waiting on here until a support member picks it up and can issue an engineer visit?
0 Kudos
conman33158
Knows their stuff
Message 14 of 32
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Either way you will still need an engineer visit to put this right. Best to ring VM on or just after 8am or alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, but this will typically be between 5-10 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are.

If you want to wait for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, try not to bump the thread as this will throw you further down the list 🙂

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hey @alainchateau

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having broadband issues at the moment.

As @conman33158 stated that your power levels are too high and would need an engineer visit to resolve this.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards

Steven_L

alainchateau
Up to speed
Message 16 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Great.

Thank you so much for this. We've had a few drop outs the last few days so this is great someone is coming up visit 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 32
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome @alainchateau, we need to get this sorted for you so that you have the connection that you're paying for. Have you been able to confirm the date on your online account? 

Regards

Steven_L

alainchateau
Up to speed
Message 18 of 32
Flag for a moderator

This time and date is perfect.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
alainchateau
Up to speed
Message 19 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I see what you mean. I've now confirmed this date. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know its good for you @alainchateau. please do let us know how it goes if you get chance.

Regards

Steven_L