cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M500 ?

jim_59
Tuning in

Hi, just moved house and VM reinstalled my services including m350 broadband. I then took out a contract with O2 mobile a week later and the m350 was upped to m500. However, during all of this my download speed has almost constantly sat at 168-170Mbps. I run the Hub3 in modem mode then through an ASUS router which handles the wifi. At the moment my iphone is reporting getting  238Mbps via wifi ?Hub 3 is connected to PC via ethernet cable. I am bamboozled as this is getting on the technical side for me. Any suggestions apart from running VM's tests and rebooting everything? I tried putting the hub in router mode and running win10 insafe mode with networking but nothing changed. (If I did it correctly that is) Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

Your setup is a little confusing as you cannot have both your Asus and your PC connected to the HUB, via Ethernet, at the same time when in modem mode.

When in router mode what does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

carl_pearce
Community elder

Your setup is a little confusing as you cannot have both your Asus and your PC connected to the HUB, via Ethernet, at the same time when in modem mode.

When in router mode what does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

jim_59
Tuning in

Sorry for the confusion. My Ethernet cable goes from the VM hub to the router then the router is connected to the pc via another Ethernet cable. The Sam knows/real speed says not available on this network ?

@jim_59 wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. My Ethernet cable goes from the VM hub to the router then the router is connected to the pc via another Ethernet cable. The Sam knows/real speed says not available on this network ?

As I said it only works when the HUB is in router mode.

What does the built in speed test within the Asus, under 'Adaptive QoS / Internet Speed' show?

Whilst you are there ensure QoS is disabled.

jim_59
Tuning in

Sorry for that, never noticed the ‘router mode’ bit. In router mode the Samknows real speed reports 547Mbps down and 187Mbps up. 

Sorry, 547 down (router) and 187 down (device)

So you are getting full speed over VM's network to the HUB.

I'd suggest QoS could be enabled on the Asus. Could you check as noted above?

EDIT: Ah, so the device is slower than expected.

Which device is it? Wired, Wireless?

jim_59
Tuning in

My VM hub is connected to the ASUS route via Ethernet cable. The ASUS is then connected to the PC via another Ethernet cable. If I connect the VM straight to the PC the results are changed to 548 router and 550 device (desktop)

jim_59
Tuning in

I checked the ASUS and QoS is disabled

So it appears to be the Asus at fault?

All I can suggest is giving the Asus a full reset to see if it helps.