Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

M500 very slow download

My m500 download is very slow all over the house (about 100-400) but in some of the rooms it drops to 0-5 megabytes. However the upload speed is 30-45 all over the house so is very strange. It gets to the point I can’t even video call anyone the WiFi is that bad. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: M500 very slow download

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have 41 download through wireless connection I dont have that cable, all my devices are wireless

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You have three choices ...

1. Accept that the WAN speed is within the contracted speed.

2. Get hold of a cable and device to prove the WAN speed.

3. Purchase some more powerful Wi-Fi Broadcasting equipment.

The problem with Wi-Fi is that it can be brilliant at breakfast time and useless by lunchtime and you haven't changed anything, BUT, something, somewhere has changed, then you can spend hours and even days trying to find a fix for something that can be totally out of your control.

If you remove all the internal walls, water, electronic and electrical devices, metallic pipes and conduits and wrap the whole building in a thick lead shield you will have a good chance of getting decent Wi-Fi from an ISP Hub.

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

Just a few things that can affect Wi-Fi in the average home …

Mirrors, fish tanks, radiators, walls (some more than others), cordless phones, baby monitors, microwaves ovens, fridges & freezers, TVs, next doors Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi equipment, DAB transmitters, the list is endless.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos