Menu
andyb1979
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

M500 slow down

Good evening,
Having been a happy M350 customer for a year I decided to upgrade to M500 a couple of weeks ago. Since the M500 package went live I have had a drastically slower connection speed.
Having read a few other posts on the forum regarding slow speeds, I can confirm that I am speed testing from a wired PC with a 1gbps NIC running at the correct speed. I have also disabled all other devices around my home having only my PC connected to the hub whilst carrying out the speed test.
Upload speeds remain solid, but downloads have dropped off to around 120mbps. whilst on M350 the download speed remained constant at around 360mbps regardless of the time of day. I don't believe a package change could have caused an issue but would very much appreciate some help in this matter.

Capture.PNGStatus.PNGdownstream-1.PNGdownstream-2.PNGupstream.PNGConfig.PNGNetwork Log.PNG

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: M500 slow down

All power levels, SNR and modulation data looks fine at the time you posted, although they can vary.  Might be useful to post the network log, but to do that you must select, copy and paste the data as formatted text.  If you post an image or screenshot it won't be approved by the moderators as it will show your IP address, whereas text is automatically scanned and IP addresses obscured.

I suggest that you also setup a Broadband Quality Monitor, let that run for 24 hours, and then post a link (again, not an image or screenshot) to a "shared snapshot" graph.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: M500 slow down

Hi andyb1979,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having speed issues. Is this occurring at any specific times or all time? I'm also having a look at your connection from remote diagnostics and was not able to pick up any issues. Do keep us posted with your BQM.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos