Menu
Theagg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

M500 now standalone but no upgrade option

M500 is now available as a standalone service but the option to upgrade from my M350 service is not available online..

How many have successfully upgraded and what's the best route to getting this done with no issues ?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: M500 now standalone but no upgrade option

Hi Theagg,

It's possible that the M500 hasn't been enabled in your area yet. The best thing to do is contact the regrades team and ask them to check, if out of contract you may even be able to negotiate a better price with that team.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Theagg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Currently using the postcode checker, M500 shows up as avaiable, so I will give your suggestions a try. Annoyingly though at the moment I have no working mobile phone so can't text them a message !

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In my area 500 was but is now not available - they are still selling the Ultimate bundle saying free speed boost but when you order it says 350 is the max they can do. 

And it's more than it was when 500 was available. No one could tell me why when I asked. 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Theagg, thanks for posting.

I am sorry you've had issues finding out if you can upgrade your broadband speed.  I would like to have a closer look to see if it's available to you. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
nubee
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue. Postcode checker for new customers states M500 available but when I log into  my account I do not get an option to upgrade from M350.

Is there any way of checking if it has actually been enabled in my area?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nubee, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the delay in getting back in touch and for the trouble you've had upgrading. 

I've had a look and can confirm that the 500MB is available to upgrade to, I can only apologise it's not showing via your online account. 

If you can pop us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 or text on +44753 305 1809 and we can help from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
nubee
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emma, just called an upgraded over the phone. Still strange that it doesn't show on the upgrade page.

Kind Regards
0 Kudos
Theagg
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Back again, for a while, the M500 available indication disappeared from the postcode checker, showing only M350. However, the postcode checker is now showing that the M500 package is available for my area, along with a mesage stating the M600 one is available. (Although because the M600 option is only available with Oomph, I'm not interested in that one)

THE M500 is listed as stand alone, so I'm wanting to regrade to that but as before, whilst its in the postcode checker, it's not available to upgrade in my account settings, so please help with this. I've tried texting 'Regrade' etc to the relevant phone number as mentioned above, multiple time, but have never received any response other than, 'you are in a queue, someone will get back to you'. Which never happens and the text resets the next day..

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Theagg,

I was hoping your regrade to the M500 would have all been done and dusted a couple of months ago,

Unfortunately the advice remains the same, either speak to regrades or maybe retentions (thinking of leaving us) as retentions should be able to give you a better offer if you negotiate a new contract with them.

As you've found the text messaging service isn't an ideal means of communication.

You can call 150 from a Virgin landline, freephone number 0800 052 0422, or 0345 454 1111, select either regrades or thinking of leaving us, but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos