Menu
JillC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

M500 no signal upstairs

We had phone, TV and M500 installed yesterday. While my phone is getting 200+ on spedtest(which is still nowhere near correct), I've got 2 Ps4's upstairs and they can't even get 30Mbps and most of the time, can't even connect due to the signal being so poor.

Its a 1995 build house so it's not even big. 3 bedrooms. 

Just moved from BT and I think it was the worst mistake I made.

Do I move back before my 24 days cooling period is up or stick it out and get it sorted with Boosters (that aren't even available until the end of January)..?

Any advice? 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: M500 no signal upstairs

Faster to get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

I would guess your wired speed to the hub is fine?

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@JillC wrote:

We had phone, TV and M500 installed yesterday. While my phone is getting 200+ on spedtest(which is still nowhere near correct), I've got 2 Ps4's upstairs and they can't even get 30Mbps and most of the time, can't even connect due to the signal being so poor.

Its a 1995 build house so it's not even big. 3 bedrooms. 

Just moved from BT and I think it was the worst mistake I made.

Do I move back before my 24 days cooling period is up or stick it out and get it sorted with Boosters (that aren't even available until the end of January)..?

Any advice? 

Why do you say that?

0 Kudos
JillC
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Why do I say what? 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@carl_pearce wrote:

@JillC wrote:

While my phone is getting 200+ on spedtest(which is still nowhere near correct)

Why do you say that?

Because people think like that "Oooo 500Mb by wifi"😑.   

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You only have 14 days cooling of period, NOT 24 days.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
JillC
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I know, sorry... Phone decided to put 24.. 🤦🏻‍♀️

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You would probably be better off with a mesh system or a third party router and put the hub in modem mode. This would give you better coverage all round 🙂

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

its 14 day cooling off - split the wifi bands and turn off smart wifi - you can then connect to the band of your choice - that should held but the wifi on the hub is poor - ok it works for some

boosters are now pods and they are going to cost you £5 a month for ever unless you are on the ultimate oomph or whatever its called

far better to look at other solutions - cost you up front but its yours - you may even be able to use the BT hub if you have still got it - not as a modem but the wifi on it should work if set up correctly

as to games machines wifi is never a good solution - you should look at lan connections

Tony
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@JillC wrote:

Why do I say what? 

What I highlighted.

0 Kudos