Menu
gcarter
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

M500 Upgrade For Existing Customers

After reading ...

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/06/virgin-media-uk-refresh-bundles-and-add-600mbps-broadb...

I contacted customer services by phone and was advised that as I was an existing customer on the standalone M350 package, there was no way to upgrade to M500 other than going with the oomph upgrade which I dont want.

Am currently paying £64.50 a month for the M350 package and yet the M500 package is £62 a month for new customers (after 18 months) ... a bit of a kick in the teeth for loyal customers 😢

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/broadband-only

Is the M350 package being phased out?  Will existing customers get a speed bump to M500 speeds in the coming weeks / months?

unisoft
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: M500 Upgrade For Existing Customers

It does feel that 350mbps customers will get an upgrade to 500mbps at some point - albeit wrapped as a free upgrade but usual yearly inflation busting price increase for anyone on this tier. Both have same upload speeds. Would seem odd that 500 would be similar price to 350 for all those existing customers, whether new or out of initial new customer pricing period.

Who knows though!

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You can upgrade to 500Mbps at cost. You won’t get it free.

Also when comparing prices, remember you would have been given a discount compared to existing customers. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
markscottuk
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is there an indicative timetable as to when head-ends get upgraded to Gig1 (i.e. Bristol)?

0 Kudos
louij2
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm paying £100 a month for the M350 package and they can't even afford to give us more Upload speeds at least as that's what my priority is. I get 380 most the time and it's more than enough for me, don't need rubbish gigabit down and 50 upload speeds... What planet is virgin living on thinking that they are making britain gigabit ready when they are not. No wonder the UK falls year on year in global ISP ranking....
0 Kudos
louij2
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I got told November by a Field Engineer but that never happened
0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Best way to get boosted from M350 to M500 is take the Ooomp deal. Its normally extra £8 for speed boost to next tier and 5GB SIM.

Previously M500 was only availabe for Ultimate Oomph but now most people can get M500 standalone internet.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos