Menu
mhussain14
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

M350 upgrade

Hi, 

Area reference 22.

A very happy M350 customer who has always received more then the stated speed averaged at 359mbps, my question is that on the post code checker I am able to get M500 as a broadband only as a new customer but not as a upgrade, why? Also is Gig1 due for Greater London soon? 

Regards

M Hussain

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 upgrade

Have you phoned and asked?  The online offers (including My Virgin Media offers) are nowhere near the full set of offers, because VM are still mentally stuck in the call centre past, and can't conceive of a world where customers could join, leave, manage problems or upgrade/downgrade their packages online.  I believe most of London has been upgraded to DOCSIS 3.1 (the standard needed for 1 Gbps), although there may be isolated pockets that haven't. 

But my usual question applies: Why do you want 1 Gbps?  Very, very few residential customers will (in the foreseeable future) make any good use of a gigabit connection.  By all means, if it's pride and bragging rights, go ahead.  Likewise, if you/re a video editor or software developer, go ahead (noting the miserable 50 Mbps upload limit).  But if things aren't as you want them now, is your connection working reliably and at the full contracted speed?  If there's wifi or broadband problems, those will not be fixed by a gigabit connection.   

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mhussain14
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 upgrade

Hi, 

Yes I have and they said I have to take the ultimate package (TV, Broadband and Phone), whereas as a new connection its showing as available as a standalone broadband only package. You are spot on with the online upgrade/downgrade process it needs to be customer friendly.

Regarding the 1Gbps honestly I have no need of it as of yet, I am happy with my M350 connection always averaging 365mpbs but always curious that long term customers should get an option to upgrade to M500 if they are willing to pay for it.

0 Kudos