Menu
alob
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

M350 speed never faster than 90Mbps on wired connection

I have only just been made aware about the speed promises whilst negotiating my package with virgin.

I have had M350 for over a year and everytime i have run a speed test it is around 90Mbps (direct ethernet to virgin hub). This is way below the guaranteed speeds.

Is this normal?

Should i complain?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: M350 speed never faster than 90Mbps on wired connection

The speed that you are getting is indicative of a Network Interface Card (NIC) set to 100/100.

In reality it needs to be set at 1000/1000.

You need to go into the device settings and check and adjust if possible.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

From what you have said this could be either cable or that the network card isn't running at 1000mbps.

First thing I would recommend is too check that the cable you are running is at least Cat 5e, have a look on the cable it will be marked on it.

Have a logbook at https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/75371-see-network-adapter-speed-windows-10-a.html#option1 which tells you how to find the network speed of your network card.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
alob
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to both replies - sometimes pointing out the obvious helps. Plugged a macbook pro rather than laptop with netwrok dongle direct to hub and now getting 250Mbps

0 Kudos