cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M350 slow upload speed

lavers27
Tuning in

Hi, 

After switching to a new broadband contract 1 month ago, from M100 to M350 despite having a really good download speed, I'm experiencing really slow upload speed

As I'm working in video fields my most important needs are to upload files with a correct upload speed, that is essential.

The average speed is told to be 35mbps on the virgin media website, after testing everyday with a few different speedtest i'm always getting the same speed result.
The maximum on my hub goes on 6mbps, which is really far from the 35mbps expected. 

I rebooted the HUB multiple times, placed it in a happy area, I'm connected via ethernet cable to my computer. 

After trying multiple times to call the costumer service, I never get any answer. As reading the other thread on the forum I found out that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue... 

So I'm trying to reaching someone from Virgin media here to find a solution as fast as possible to my problem, as I'm paying right now for a service that doesn't worth what Virgin media sells. 

Any recommendation that would help my problem is welcome ! 

Thanks,

Pierre

chrome_jts5Jhej8P.pngchrome_vGkByhBsEB.png

14 REPLIES 14

@lavers27 wrote:

Hello, 

... snip ...

Thanks by advance for finding a solution to my problem, I mean by that : Send a someone to fix the problem, reduce the price I'm paying etc  

chrome_61UmSMqZOK.pngchrome_bhNsS96Cec.pngchrome_PyyHVgNhbp.png

If you speed test to Raleigh-Durham USA, and Atlanta USA you are unlikely to get full speed.

What is the URL of the site where you did those speed tests ?

Can you try again to a local VM Server using speedtest.com.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Hi Hollie, 

Rebooted the rooter but the speed is still the same, this is really impacting the speed of my work and I need a quick solution. 

What about you send a technician if something can't be diagnosticed from distance ? Thanks by advance, I'm paying 3 times the price I should pay 

from a few months this is really unbearable. 

Thanks for your reply with a good solution as I'm really tired about having to get back everytime to hear some floating answers, and still having speed issues that are impacting my work and my money ! 

Hi lavers27,

I can completely appreciate that you need this to be working properly for your work. 

I've had a look at your services, and you've been having prolonged signal issues. This is something that needs a technician visit to fix so I'd like to get that arranged. 

I'll pop you a quick private message, and we'll get that sorted out. 

Thanks

Melissa

Did this ever get fixed for you?  I just upgraded to M350 and my upload is 20Mbit instead of the promised 36-50.

The tech support was pretty much useless, after pulling half my house apart so I'd have something to plug into the terrible hub 3 (as they won't trust my Linksys built-in stuff) the answer was 'oh, there's a known issue that should be resolved in 24 hours'.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi warlockuk, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've not been getting the expected upload speeds on your M350 broadband. Taking a look into this using your forum info I can see there was a known issue earlier this week which has since been deemed to be resolved, and I can't see any other obvious issues at this stage, so I hope that means things have improved for you now?

Please keep us updated if you still need help getting this sorted.

Tom