Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

M350 running at 150mbps for over a week

Internet speeds of only 150mbps when paying for the M350 package& WiFi black spots all over house. Some wired devices have stopped connecting to the internet and have to be connected wirelessly. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 running at 150mbps for over a week

Which Hub do you have ?

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have a hub 3. The speeds I’m getting while checking from a wireless device. I’m thinking of switching off WiFi from router and installing a mesh network. I’ve heard good reviews of the new Amazon eero for Virgin media 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hold off on purchasing anything until you know the status of the WAN signal.

Can you do the speed test as asked please ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blakey75.

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you you are not getting the Wi-Fi speeds you expect. I have had a look at things our end and cannot see any issues at all, your levels are all where expected, If you are still having problems I advise you to set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with us. Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings if you see a wall of "red" - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture. please run this for 72 hours and post the results here so we can have a further look into this for you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul 

I have now set this up & will post results 

regards

blakey75 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blakey75

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies for the delayed reply.

I've checked the system and no issues are showing. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos