Menu
jz82
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

M350 barely scraping 100meg.

Internet has been terribly slow tonight. I've been monitoring speeds for the last hour and I'm not getting over 100meg on average. 

The service status says everything is fine. But it absolutely isn't.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 barely scraping 100meg.

If it is just tonight, then may not be worth worrying about.  Cable internet is a mix of 10% technology and 90% witchcraft, and peculiar short term issues are not that unusual, much as we don't want them 

If the problem persists tomorrow, and after you've rebooted your hub, then it's worth taking more of a look.  If that is the case, do you know how to connect to your hub, and then how to bring up the status page?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jz82
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's been occurring on and off for a few days. Not quite as bad as today. 

It's in modem mode, normally plugged into a mesh router. I was pulling speeds off that and then hardwired a machine to double check. 

I've given the lot a reboot. I'm logged into the status page now. 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you can post (as formatted text) the status tabs with the titles Downstream, Upstream and Network log then we can look for any obvious explanation in power or noise levels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jz82
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It seems to have leveled off this morning. I'll keep an eye on it. If I start getting massive drops like yesterday again I'll respond with the information you've requested.

Cheers!

0 Kudos