Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

M350 Slow

Subscribed to the M350 and am only receiving 150MB download speeds and 35MB upload speed.

The upload speed seems to be working correctly, but the download speed is dramatically insufficient.

Please can someone help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 Slow

wired or wireless?

if wireless, 150 is pretty good, you're unlikely to ever achieve 350.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Wired, I’m afraid.

My Virgin Media router is in Modem Mode and I utilise a Ubiquiti AmpliFi Gamers Edition, as wireless. The speeds I am recording are direct from the router, without any other devices attached.

Which suggests to me, 350MB download speed is not being delivered to the property or the Virgin Media Router is not powerful or outdated to provide the 350MB speed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

what does a test from a wired PC behind the router at speedtest.net give you?

(i have no idea where the amplifi device tests its download from, but it feels unlikely that it's within the VM network - could be wrong tho!)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Just tried that now. It’s providing the same results. 150MB download and 35MB upload 😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Have you got the AmpliFi QoS’d for latency or throughput? (Somewhere in the options) 

if latency, change to throughput and test again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It’s firmly on Through Put as Latency is for gaming and caps the download speed at 100MB to minimise the ping.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I assume your hub is in “modem mode”.. it’s worth seeing what you get from a pc attached directly to it in place of the AmpliFi device..

disconnect the AmpliFi from the hub, switch the vm hub off for a couple of mins, start it up again and leave it till it’s fully booted, then connect your pc directly to it and run the speed test again

edit: also, assume you have either the hub3 or 4? They are required for speeds beyond 200mb. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve just done this and it is still pulling through 150MB download speed. I have a Hub 3, however it is white and not black.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Credit to @MikeRobbo for the below..

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish. Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

0 Kudos