Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

M350 Fibre Broadband only getting 20MB download and 2mb upload

As title says, I have the M350 Fibre package and am only getting around 18-25MB download and around 2MB upload, confirmed by multiple speed test sites, including Ookla which was suggested by Virgin in their help section.  

Nothing has changed or wires chaged etc, literally just realised my speeds are throttled the other day, not sure how long it has been happening.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Piltonbadger

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: M350 Fibre Broadband only getting 20MB download and 2mb upload

Hi first thing to try is check all connections are secure and then a pin hole reset at the rear of the hub . Hold this in for 20-30 seconds and release and after a couple of minutes the hub will reset.
Hope this helps.
Regards Adrian

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply!  May I ask how I would check connections are secure?  Am logged into my hub as I type this, and only my phone is connected via Wi-fi, and the computer is hard wired straight into the hub.  

The pin hole reset I can do, but am unsure how to check the connection/s as you first suggested!  

Regards Jon

Edit : Have down the pinhole reset from the back of the hub, no change in download speed at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Multiple speed tests after the pinhole reset gives me anything between 12MB download and 20MB download, with a consistent 2MB upload or thereabouts.  

Really not sure what else I can do at this point.  I am guessing they aren't sending engineers out at this point, and I am going to be billed for something I am not receiving and haven't been for a while.  I guess I need to call up Virgin and hope to god I get through?  

Regards

Jon

0 Kudos