Menu
Reply
tingotango
  • 5
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
726 Views
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

M350 - 11Mb max speed. How contact Virgin?

Recently had M350 installed however getting maximum 11Mb download speed on speedtest. Same results with different browsers, computer restarts, pin reset on hub, safe mode, ethernet connection, variations of connectivity settings (2.4/5) etc.

I cannot find out how to contact Virgin about this (or is it only by phone?) as the help page is circular.

 

Cable Modem StatusItem Status Comments

Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)
402750000
Locked
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)
46200000
Locked
Provisioning State
Online

 

 

Downstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID

1402750000-5.436256 qam30
2202750000-1.237256 qam9
3210750000-0.937256 qam10
4218750000-0.732256 qam11
5226750000-0.929256 qam12
6234750000-137256 qam13
7242750000-1.537256 qam14
8250750000-237256 qam15
9258750000-337256 qam16
10266750000-3.437256 qam17
11274750000-436256 qam18
12282750000-2.937256 qam19
13290750000-2.237256 qam20
14298750000-1.538256 qam21
15306750000-0.937256 qam22
16314750000-0.538256 qam23
17322750000-0.538256 qam24
18330750000-0.538256 qam25
19370750000-2.937256 qam26
20378750000-3.937256 qam27
21386750000-3.537256 qam28
22394750000-4.537256 qam29
23410750000-4.737256 qam31
24418750000-3.937256 qam32



Downstream bonded channels

Channel Locked Status RxMER (dB) Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors

1Locked36.65300
2Locked37.35350
3Locked37.618050
4Locked32.6202552230
5Locked29.6-180961032416774
6Locked37.63870
7Locked37.315580
8Locked37.31820
9Locked37.38920
10Locked37.33690
11Locked36.339214
12Locked37.65360
13Locked37.69060
14Locked38.62880
15Locked37.62090
16Locked38.61220
17Locked38.91300
18Locked38.6610
19Locked37.62500
20Locked37.644321873
21Locked37.62160
22Locked37.34030
23Locked37.36805113
24Locked37.6199

0

 

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

1462000004.625512064 qam3
2394000004.475512064 qam4
3537000004.625512064 qam2
4603000004.775512064 qam1



Upstream bonded channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

1ATDMA0000
2ATDMA0000
3ATDMA0000
4ATDMA0000

 

 

0 Kudos
Reply
tingotango
  • 5
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
720 Views
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 - 11Mb max speed. How contact Virgin?

Time Priority Description 11/10/2020 20:34:51 notice LAN login Success;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 11/10/2020 16:07:33 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 11/10/2020 13:47:9 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 10/10/2020 16:23:48 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 10/10/2020 07:58:18 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 08/10/2020 23:58:57 notice DHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg505-bbt062-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 08/10/2020 23:58:57 Error DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 08/10/2020 14:39:45 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 07/10/2020 19:01:45 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 05/10/2020 23:25:15 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 05/10/2020 19:12:35 notice LAN login Success;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 05/10/2020 19:11:56 Warning! LAN login FAILED : Incorrect Username / Password / ConnectionType;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 05/10/2020 10:08:24 notice DHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg505-bbt062-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 05/10/2020 10:08:24 Error DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 03/10/2020 17:53:18 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 02/10/2020 17:57:17 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 02/10/2020 17:57:17 Error Service Add Response rejected - Invalid transaction ID;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 02/10/2020 17:57:17 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 02/10/2020 17:57:17 critical SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 02/10/2020 17:57:17 Warning! Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=*.*;CMTS-MAC=e*.*;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

0 Kudos
Reply
brummyuk
  • 8
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
718 Views
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 - 11Mb max speed. How contact Virgin?

I am on the Gigabit package and I am getting only 350 down and 1 up. The 1 up means I cannot game at all as I am getting horrendous packet loss. I think their network is screwed up again. Doesn't surprise me. I can't wait to get out of my contract with these clowns.

0 Kudos
Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
713 Views
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 - 11Mb max speed. How contact Virgin?


@brummyuk wrote:

I am on the Gigabit package and I am getting only 350 down and 1 up. The 1 up means I cannot game at all as I am getting horrendous packet loss. I think their network is screwed up again. Doesn't surprise me. I can't wait to get out of my contract with these clowns.


Please don't reply to other peoples threads with your issues.

0 Kudos
Reply
RikinTrivedi
  • 20
  • 0
  • 1
On our wavelength
712 Views
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 - 11Mb max speed. How contact Virgin?

I feel the pain . . .  I am in the same boat . . .

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
709 Views
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 - 11Mb max speed. How contact Virgin?


@tingotango wrote:

Downstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID

1402750000-5.436256 qam30
2202750000-1.237256 qam9
3210750000-0.937256 qam10
4218750000-0.732256 qam11
5226750000-0.929256 qam12
6234750000-137256 qam13
7242750000-1.537256 qam14
8250750000-237256 qam15
9258750000-337256 qam16
10266750000-3.437256 qam17
11274750000-436256 qam18
12282750000-2.937256 qam19
13290750000-2.237256 qam20
14298750000-1.538256 qam21
15306750000-0.937256 qam22
16314750000-0.538256 qam23
17322750000-0.538256 qam24
18330750000-0.538256 qam25
19370750000-2.937256 qam26
20378750000-3.937256 qam27
21386750000-3.537256 qam28
22394750000-4.537256 qam29
23410750000-4.737256 qam31
24418750000-3.937256 qam32



Downstream bonded channels

Channel Locked Status RxMER (dB) Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors

1Locked36.65300
2Locked37.35350
3Locked37.618050
4Locked32.6202552230
5Locked29.6-180961032416774
6Locked37.63870
7Locked37.315580
8Locked37.31820
9Locked37.38920
10Locked37.33690
11Locked36.339214
12Locked37.65360
13Locked37.69060
14Locked38.62880
15Locked37.62090
16Locked38.61220
17Locked38.91300
18Locked38.6610
19Locked37.62500
20Locked37.644321873
21Locked37.62160
22Locked37.34030
23Locked37.36805113
24Locked37.6199

0

 

 

 

 


It appears you have a SNR issue on some of your downstream channels, which requires further investigation by a VM engineer.

0 Kudos
Reply
tingotango
  • 5
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
700 Views
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 - 11Mb max speed. How contact Virgin?

Thank you Carl.

How do I go about getting a VM engineer to investigate? I have tried looking on the help pages but no luck so far.

0 Kudos
Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
698 Views
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 - 11Mb max speed. How contact Virgin?

Wait for a VM staff member to reply to your thread or contact VM by text on 07533 051 809.

0 Kudos
Reply
brummyuk
  • 8
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
695 Views
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 - 11Mb max speed. How contact Virgin?

Why not? This is clearly an issue with more than just their connection since it seems like Virgins entire network is screwed up right now. Just letting them know they are not alone in the issue. Might make them feel a little better.

0 Kudos
Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
686 Views
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 - 11Mb max speed. How contact Virgin?


@brummyuk wrote:

Why not? This is clearly an issue with more than just their connection since it seems like Virgins entire network is screwed up right now. Just letting them know they are not alone in the issue. Might make them feel a little better.


Because each persons issue is technically different.

If you want to moan go to Twitter or Facebook, this is a community forum for people to get help.

0 Kudos
Reply