Menu
Crossbomb98
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

M200 speed fine then drops.

Hi I have been with virgin for 2 years on the M100 package. Never had a problem with them, I play a lot of video games and never ‘lag’, I have recently started to live stream my gameplay. So I upgraded to m200 for better download and upload speed! My speed is absolutely fine one minute sitting at 213-217mbps download then next minute I feel my game go different check my speed on Speedtest.net and then I’m sitting at 20mbps I jus don’t understand why it is doing this! I have had a new hub from virgin and it’s still the same nobody can seem to help me on the phone, I’m getting really frustrated. My upload speed is absolutely fine that’s never affected it’s jus my download ! If somebody could help me I’d really appreciate it. Thanks! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: M200 speed fine then drops.

How are you connecting your device, Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

It can be difficult diagnosing problems without some basic information.

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Go round all the accessible co-ax connections and ensure that they are finger tight.

If everything above is OK we need do some troubleshooting; to start with …

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Then

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
Crossbomb98
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi I am trying to send the picture in of the broadband monitor it says it’s too big!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
Crossbomb98
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Crossbomb98
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi mate I copy and pasted the direct link have u looked pal thanks

0 Kudos
Crossbomb98
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you could read the graph and let me know what’s happening as I have no idea what I’m looking at, that be great thanks mike

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crossbomb98

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I've taken a look today at the system, all the levels are in spec and no other issues showing. 

How are you connected, wired/wireless?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Crossbomb98
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wired, just done a speed test and I’m on 10mbps, it’s annoying me because somethings definetly wrong, and today I have spent £300 on live-streaming equipment and I’m not going to be able to use it

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning @Crossbomb98 

Sorry for the delay in response there. 

How are things looking since your posted last? Have there been any improvements? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos