Menu
JameXVII
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

M200 Still very slow

Hi, I posted about a month ago saying our M200 router was performing very very slowly, and I was sent a fix for it. I completed all of these steps and checked my WiFi on my phone and it was showing a download speed of 250mbps. I was over the moon I finally had great WiFi. 

Since then it has continually declined, and now it shows 20mbps upload and 2mbps download.

Myself, and both of my parents are struggling to work from home on this speed, as there is almost always 2 of the 3 of us in a video call. 

My smart TV also keeps not picking up internet at all, which means I can’t use any of its features. 

Is there anything we can do? Any advice would be much much appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Jamie.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: M200 Still very slow

What speeds do you get wired direct to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
JameXVII
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I need to connect my PC upstairs to a downstairs so I use a powerline adapter, and I get about 10up/3down, I use my Xbox upstairs and that has no way of connecting wired.

I could connect my Xbox to the router with Ethernet to test it, but there’s no way I could run an Ethernet cable to my bedroom. 

Would you like me to test it? 

Thanks, 

Jamie

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Powerlines and console are not accurate ways to test wired speeds. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
JameXVII
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I understand that but my WiFi shouldn’t be running at a 1mbps download speed one floor up?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i've worked in area where we couldn't even use wifi at all. so its possible
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s entirely possible

0 Kudos