Menu
mikewilson3run
Settling in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

M200 Package | Upload Speed is Faster than Download

Hi all, hoping someone could shed some light on my problem. I'm a new Virgin Media customer and just bought the M200 package. I've installed the hub exactly as the instructions require. I found a happy home for the hub and rebooted as requested. Ive done a speed test and this definitely doesn't look right. I've attached a picture showing my download speed is less than 20mb and slower than my upload speed.

We are Area 31.

I've used the approved speed tester and this was my results.

Can anyone help?

Speedtest net 1.JPG

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: M200 Package | Upload Speed is Faster than Download

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
mikewilson3run
Settling in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When mi tested it was Wireless. However i just checked with a wired connection and i was getting nearly 200mb download and 20mg upload so that seems fine.

But surely i should be getting faster speeds for wireless?

Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No - wifi speeds are not guaratneed and any number of factors can effect them.

Have you tried splitting and renaming the WiFi bands, disabling "Smart" WiFi, checking for less congested channels etc?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
mikewilson3run
Settling in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you direct me how i would split it?

0 Kudos
Eeeps
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You don't say what device you are performing the test on or your distance from the SH3.

Does the speed vary with distance?

At least your wired speeds are good which means that you will be able to get good WiFi speeds even if you have to resort to buying some additional WiFi kit.

But before you put your hand in your pocket there are some adjustments that can be made to your router WiFi settings to get the best out of it.

There is a sticky thread at the top of the 'Networking and WiFi' forum that may help with this.

0 Kudos