Menu
BrettRogersUK
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

M200 Fibre speeds

Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone can please clarify the speeds I should be getting on a M200 Fibre connection.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4 using the gigabit ethernet connection connected directly to my VM hub. It shows in the router setting as being connected by ethernet speed 1000.

I ran a speed test from the command line and am getting 69.77Mbits/s download and 12.11 Mbits/s upload.

Surely this can't be the correct speeds for a M200 Fibre connection. Can anyone clarify?

Many Thanks,

Brett Rogers

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: M200 Fibre speeds

Can you test with something else other than a rasberry PI, perhaps a flagship mobile phone or a laptop?

0 Kudos
BrettRogersUK
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Tested with Samsung Galaxy S10 and getting speeds of 216Mbps download 20.9Mbps Upload. So I guess there's some loss on the Raspberry Pi.

Thanks,

Brett Rogers

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Hero
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The M200 Broadband should get on average 220Mbps download  20+ Mbps upload if there are no faults or utilisation issues

0 Kudos
BrettRogersUK
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Having speed issues again. Tried speedtest again using Samsung Galaxy S10 and I'm getting speeds of just around 21.1Mbps download and 20Mbps upload.

I'm on a 200Mbps connection. We had a few problems a few days ago. The broadband went off twice on consecutive days due to a fault in the area. It came back again but I'm not getting the speeds I should be getting.

Is there anything I need to do?

Thanks

Brett

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Test with a wired connection

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos