Menu
yorkie221
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

M200 Fibre Too Slow on Hub 3

I've downloaded the Connect App, followed the recommended steps, reset the Hub, disconnected all devices, connected a laptop to Hub 3 via Ethernet cable to achieve best case 74Mbps on an M200 contract!?

Called 150 from my Virgin phone and they want to repeat the process by conducting a system check by restarting everything again?

Where do I go from here, please?

1.jpg2.jpg

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: M200 Fibre Too Slow on Hub 3

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@yorkie221 wrote:

I've downloaded the Connect App, followed the recommended steps, reset the Hub, disconnected all devices, connected a laptop to Hub 3 via Ethernet cable to achieve best case 74Mbps on an M200 contract!?

Is the cable Cat5e or above?  Is the NIC in the laptop capable of Gigabit connection?  That speed looks like a 100mb NIC connection.

Also agree with Andruser above, post details for comment.

0 Kudos
yorkie221
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your downstream power levels are consistently too high, which may well explain the problem and enable a quick fix.  I've escalated for the helpful forum staff to advise on next steps.  If appropriate they'll book an technician visit for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Yorkie221 and welcome to our community.

We can see some SNR errors on your connection so have put through the next available engineer appointment for you using the forum information.

Please check details of this and reschedule if needed on your online account.

Thanks, Emily.

yorkie221
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Engineer visit has resolved the issue - thanks.

How do I go about a refund for M200 payment for duration while not activated?

Thanks

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How many days were you receiving 73 instead of 200 on the M200 package.

I think you can claim £2 for each day if the speed was below 50%. Let me know how it goes so I can follow you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos