Menu
mgeorge733
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

M200 Fibre Broadband Speed is very slow, not as advertised (1.7mbps Download, 10.7mbps Upload)

Hello, as titled, our M200 broadband internet package is very slow and not anywhere near advertised or as listed on the broadband speed page which says a "Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed" of 107 Mbps.

M200213 Mbps211 - 218 Mbps107 Mbps20 Mbps20 - 21 Mbps

Our speed is 1.78 mbps download and 10.7mbps upload.

Having viewed similar posts, what can be done to improve the speed?

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: M200 Fibre Broadband Speed is very slow, not as advertised (1.7mbps Download, 10.7mbps Upload)

The speeds are only guaranteed for wired Gigabit Ethernet connections, are you testing with a wired connection?

If your results are from a wired test then posting some hub stats might help.

Go to http://192.168.0.1/ (or http://192.168.100.1/ if you are in modem mode) to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login (unless you have a Hub 3 and this is your first visit to the hub GUI or a Hub 4, which does require you to login) but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. If using screenshots be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP or MAC address in the log to protect your privacy.  If you copy and paste the log then the forum will automatically censor this sensitive information. Also note that images will take time to appear on the forum due to a combination of awaiting moderator approval and buggy code.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take several days) and run checks on your line.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos