Menu
Mille
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

M200 Broadband speed <2MB/sec

Hi,

I have M200 broadband. This morning for some reason my download speeds, <2MB/sec. I have performed a reset on my Hub 2 (white one) and still no better. My upload speed though are 15-20MB/sec. I've used the online checker and that says there is no problem. 

This will be a big problem tomorrow when I'm working from home with Teams, My Youngest is on Google classroom and my Eldest is doing his Uni online lectures.

Any suggestions other than reset AGAIN please.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: M200 Broadband speed <2MB/sec

Unfortunately this is a congestion issue, too many people using too much bandwidth in your local area, upgrades can be done to the network to make more space but takes a long time to plan and get parts and work done.

If it affects your ability to work the only thing I can suggest is trying to use mobile data or maybe look at switching provider.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: M200 Broadband speed <2MB/sec

Thanks for the post Mille and welcome to our community.

We can't see any reason for this on our side but can see some errors were corrected in the last 24 hours.

How are things for you at the moment? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos