Menu
Bardenblade
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

M100 speed only 20mbs

Wifi speeds check say great on the app in all rooms. But a speed test reports 20Mbs and 25mbs on PC surely this is not acceptable. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: M100 speed only 20mbs

Where is you PC in relation to the HUB (Same room, two floors away, etc.)?

What wireless card does your PC have? Keep in mind there are several Wifi standards and the signal/speed will only be as good as the lowest capable device in the chain.

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If that is a Wi-Fi speed you need to test with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
Bardenblade
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers I will try putting the cat5 cable direct to my PC. I have a surface pro 3 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Bardenblade wrote:

Cheers I will try putting the cat5 cable direct to my PC. I have a surface pro 3 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/37lozh/has_anyone_found_a_fix_for_slow_wifi_on_surface_3/ 

Bardenblade
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike. 

I did a factory reset then connected direct ( via docking Station)  cat 5 and tested at 105mbps. Now WiFi is 100mbps so will try upstairs.

Unplugged all devices and tested again all OK but I have left my Google mini disconnected and will leave it off for a while (days)...

0 Kudos
Bardenblade
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Will ask my tech services about WiFi drivers as I have an imaged PC and cannot access the driver details etc 

But thanks for everyone's help. 

0 Kudos