Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lower than promised

I recently moved from sky to virgin and now have M500 Broadband with the promise of no lower than 258 mbs. Since starting this package three weeks ago I’m averaging 107 MBS, surely this can’t be right can it? Anyone else having the same problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lower than promised

wired or wifi - if wired 100ish suggests a poor lan cable - you need cat5e or better or a network card that is 10/100 rather than gigabit

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tony means.... gigabit rather than 10/100.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:
Tony means.... gigabit rather than 10/100.

not if you read it backwards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- You've got me intrigued: What is a tibagig network card?  Is that the one that you need to get a 1,,200 Mbps connection out of a Hub 4?

Anyway, @Stjohnjones ignore my babbling, have you still got slow speeds, how are you measuring them?  If you've got both wired and wirless devices, what do the different devices report?  Whilst not always the site of choice, www.fast.com is easy to use and works well across different items of kit, including phones, tablets, netbooks and the rest.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos