acein69
Joining in

VFM snail speed.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @acein69 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your connection. Have you been able to check our service page here to see if this is due to any known area issues? You can also sign into the page with your My VM details to run a fault test with the equipment.

If this is affecting all connections and checking the service page hasn't helped, please check our speed help page here.

If this is just affecting your WIFI please have a look at the troubleshooting and advice here.

The Hub's location could also be cause the coverage problem, so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following.

•    It's out in the open if possible.
•    If positioned near the TV that it's next to it, not behind it.
•    It's away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks).
•    It's away from baby monitors, cordless phones and radios.
•    It's away from microwaves.

Think of the Hub as a radio and Wi-Fi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices, etc.), the quieter the radio and, in turn, the poorer the Wi-Fi connection.

If that doesn't help, if you have the Hub 3, Hub 4 or Hub 5, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. You can view more information on that here.

If you still need further support after this, please let us know. We're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Also check the 0800 561 0061 number to see if there is a fault in your street.

Many thanks but the hub is downstairs (actually under my desk area).  But it's a recent irritation and I believe dial-up could be faster on occasions!  Additionally for the past year or so I have bandwidth issues and cannot watch say Netflix.  This isn't over use as it happened once at 0300 -  overall very disappointing when South Korean households have had 1000Mbs for years, and 'we' call 270Mbs fast? 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Were you able to follow the helpful information in which my colleague had posted above, acein69? 

Cheers, 

Ryan.