Menu
HillBilly101
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Low upload speed/high latency

Hi

I am currently having significant problems with my connection. I am on the 200Mb/s service and during weekends and evenings the service is fine. But during the working day the download speed remains around 200Mb/s but the upload speed is around 1 or 2 Mb/s and the BQM shows huge latency spikes. Video conferencing is now a problem with one service in particular (Cisco webex), making calling extremely difficult. The link below shows the live BQM

Broadband Quality Monitor | thinkbroadband

I had an engineer around in December who fixed some local issues which were leading to significant noise ingress but the router stats now look fine (happy to post if that would help) and I have minimal notices on the router log.

When the engineer was round, he mentioned that there was a problem in the local area but there is nothing showing in the service status. Nothing comes back if I do a line test through Virgin's system.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

TIA.

0 Kudos
Wardis
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low upload speed/high latency

I wish you all the best of luck attempting to resolve this. I’ve flagged this problem for month and are also experiencing this like many others with VM.

high latency and spikes are a massive problem now. Your notice that when these spikes occur, your download and upload are greatly affected, that’s where your problems lay.

it’s nothing to do with you or your kit, VM will attempt to dodge the question and potentially try to sell you a booster as they did with me.

if they do resolve it for you, then bravo! 

0 Kudos