Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Low Download Speed

I have the 350mbs Internet but lately I have been having trouble for around a month now where my speed holds around 350 to 380 but only download at 2.50mbs and have called virgin about the problems I'm having but nothing seems to be getting fixed as I keep being told to restart the hub then wait 7 days

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low Download Speed

Hello

Can you please post the stats from the hub we need the Downstream, Upstream and Configuration also while you on can you also please go round and check that all the connections to the VM kit is hand tight.

Once we have the stats we can check your power levels.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Configuration.jpg

Downstream 1.jpgUpstream.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid that your screenshots have come out as a big blurry mess and it's not easy to read anything from them, can you copy and paste the actual text in to a reply and we can take a look.

But, I'm a bit confused by your original post, you seem to be saying that the speed is a consistent 350-380 (so is that from a Speedtest site?) but you can only download at 2.5, or have I misunderstood what you mean?

Speedtests measure your speed by actually downloading a file so if it says 350 then that actually is your download speed - so what are you downloading and from where when you only get 2.5? Are we talking about torrent downloads here? because that's a whole different set of issues to consider.

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

1.jpg2.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Game Clients when updating and downloading new updates
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Rupas87

Thanks for confirming all that.

When you download from Game Clients and are updating or downloading new game updates, this is be dependant various factors outside of your actual broadband speed.

It can depend on the Game itself, the Game servers, how many people are downloading the update at the same time amongst others. 

From having a look at your account from using your Forum information, your connection and broadband look to be spot on - no errors are being presented and everything is looking to be well within the parameters we would expect. 

You have also advised that your speeds when checking via a speedtest site are bang on for the package that  you subscribe to. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos