cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love VM- Hate Slow WiFi!!

Kidsneedwifi
Tuning in

Hi,

Been with VM for 15 years and will never leave, love it.

Have got the hub 4 ( I think- it is the square one) and I get great BB speed with my I gig package.

my problem though is I have got a biggish house and the kids are complaining wifi is slow ( I have checked it and they are right) I have a netgear booster but still poor speeds

PLEASE can anybody help, I dont mind buying new kit but would rather not as it all works fine on my Mac downstairs next to the hub

Thank you so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

We cannot say for individual users, but as they are free on the 1G service why not give them a try.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could get rid of your netgear extender and try a Virgin booster for free

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/wifi-boosters

Hi

sorry for my ignorance, do they work? are they any good?

thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

We cannot say for individual users, but as they are free on the 1G service why not give them a try.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thank you, got them and they work fine, I am very grateful

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kidsneedwifi,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some broadband speed issues! I can understand how frustrating this can be, especially when everyone at home relies on WiFi. 

I'm glad to see that @Tudor was able to assist you and that you've been able to have this issue resolved. If you need any further assistance, please get back in touch and we'll be more than happy to investigate this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs