Menu
MasterShark
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Loss of Service

I had loss of service for over a week, no Internet and unwatchable TV. I've been a Virgin Media customer for many years but never have I been so frustrated with my service. Trying to contact Customer Services and Technical Support on the phone is an ordeal. I got hung up on several times after trying to get through and being on hold for over 45 mins, then my call is dropped and I have to try again from the beginning. A technician finally came and restored my services after 9 days of interruption, then trying to get loss of service credit afterwards, its always a battle and the staff become very unfriendly and unhelpful very quickly. I was promised a £20 credit then when I get my bill I see my credit was not applied, thats the last straw for me, as soon as my contract is up I'm switching to Sky. I have better things to do with my time than trying to ring their call centres and having to waste nearly an hour of my life everytime I try to call them. They say the corona virus has affected their call centres but the staff are working from home so that's not an excuse I'm willing to accept. You really need to look after your customers Virgin or you're gona lose them, your certainly gona lose this one.

I joined this forum just to write this thread and make people aware of how badly this company is now being run, Virgin have gone downhill over the years and now their customer service is a joke.

One unhappy customer indeed!

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of Service

Hi MasterShark, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community, even if you are looking at leaving us. 

I can only apologise if our usual service has slipped below the standard we expect. 

Usually when there is a total loss of service, our automatic compensation will kick in. I am happy to take a look at this for you but will need to pass through data protection.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MasterShark
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F,

I am writing this on a mobile device and I do not have a little plum envelope to click to access the private message you have sent me.

Can you please advise on how I can access this message on a mobile phone because it isn't obvious and I cannot see any other options or buttons to click that look like an inbox or message page?

Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You need to sign in... and on my iPhone the purple envelope is top right - right next to the purple notification bell.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
MasterShark
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John,

It was hiding under the cookie options bar. Now I have sorted the cookies out I can clearly see the message icon next to bell icon. Thanks John.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MasterShark, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private. I'm glad that things are all resolved for you now. 

I will pass on your feedback to the relevant teams on this one. 

Apologies that things weren't done correctly in the first place for you. If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos