Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

London NW6: slow down, almost no up

Hub 3 in modem mode powering Google WiFi. All connections correct. Hub rebooted.
Since last Friday (7 days ago), me and my neighbour have been getting tops 40mbps down (and v. often as low as 11) and less than 1mbps up - on a 100mbps package! Right now the up is 0.14 according to Ookla. The whole experience is really affecting my work, while the neighbour had to go back to the office. This website took almost a minute to load.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: London NW6: slow down, almost no up

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ah, Mr. Robinson. I've been expecting you...
Will do and report back.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

By the time I tested the speed upstream of the Hub3, normal service appeared to have been resumed. There was definitely something awry Virgin-side, but we are now happier.
0 Kudos