Menu
Cortex
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Limited to 200 meg On Install In July

Not a major issue by any means: More interest but there was a new install in my area (fibre) this year, had VM installed in July, very pleased, I had the initial 200 as that was phone rep was available for a few weeks, then can up - Had another guy selling VM two weeks ago he didn't realise I already have VM, I did ask him if I could speed up to 350 or 500 he said you ought to be able to, looked it up & said its not showing yet.

Words similar to, keep checking  VM site & give them a bell at some point. Neighbours a few doors away moved in recently & brought their 350 with them. Just wondering will the situation change so I can get 500? I appreciate life difficult at the moment, but huge investment in area 30 (chesterfield) & sadly not that many using it - I'm offering £144 extra a year to VM & they seemingly don't want it. 🙂 For two & a half months connection been brilliant, as it was a few years ago at previous property. Thanks for reading!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Limited to 200 meg On Install In July

Hi Cortex,

If you sign into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, and click on my upgrades and offers, you may see the option to regrade your internet, and be able to process a higher speed.

Or you may see an oops something has gone wrong message ( that message is usually displayed if people have discounts or on outdated packages that are no longer sold)

If you can't get the regrade via this method then you could try contacting the regrades team and see if they can help.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You may find that changing the speed on the broadband will loose any new customer discount you have, so it might be better to wait until you are nearer the end of your current offer.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cortex
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Limited to 200 meg On Install In July

Thanks for that info, appreciated. I've checked a few times logging to My VM in & checking upgrades & says none available - I'm paying £34 for 200 & its around £46 I think on the site for 350, & thanks for info about losing any discounts I will double check that - I'll try texting & see, they are difficult times & I'm getting 220 @ 24/7 so pretty grateful for what I have - Again thanks! 🙂

0 Kudos