Menu
Dazzle2k8
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Leigh Area

I am experiencing massive packet loss.  Websites don't load properly and when they do load the images don't load after waiting and waiting for the sites to load.  Just connected to discord which took over a minute and when it did connect and replying to DM's of online friends after I have typed my reply and hit enter it's still grey out for several seconds...  So I went onto my discord server and clicked the connection green bar and it's constantly showing upto 5000ms packet loss and random numbers of packet loss no matter if it's an EU server or what... 

Something isn't right here... This is making me itch..

FIX IT

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leigh Area

Hello

Have you checked on https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status for issues that affect a lot of customer, or for more local issues call 0800 561 0061.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dazzle2k8
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It was fixed later that day. Also please do NOT direct me towards the service status, that thing completely LIES! It say's there are no issues when there clearly is. I would say 99.9% of virgin customers will agree with me on that. Also even running a line check results back as nothing wrong when there clearly is.

ISSUE HAPPENING AGAIN TONIGHT

The same issue is happening again right now and has been most of the night. I was watching twitch and the spinning circle kept of appearing over and over. Websites do not load properly and just hang and hang and hang then they load, when going to another website the same happens again. I ran a speedtest the download hits my max speed then goes lower, then it goes to upload and that sits at 0.00. I tried speedtest again and it seemed to work properly, so tried it a 3rd time and it did the same thing as the first time I tried it.

It seems intermittent, 30 seconds everything is fine and then it just goes to pot for minutes... There is a problem on virgin somewhere, be is packet loss bad DNS or something else I don't know, but certainly the online checker DOES NOT WORK or it is not picking the fault up.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Then

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish. Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos