Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Last minute delayed installations - should i cancel now ? cooling off period ?

Im new to community but i was warned about exactly the plight happened to me by equally disappointed pals. The marketing Virgin Media do is great and after price rises and poor reception on BT signed up with Virgin, paid for a day off in line with the installation date and the wonderful snazzy web site animations. Kids so excited. And then THE email comes - the one the pals warned my by  : 

While our engineers were preparing to install your services, they visited your area to check the cable near your home and found a problem that needs some extra work before we can get you up and running.

As soon as we know how long this work will take, we'll be in touch.

Oh and I need to let BT to extend it a bit - not idea of how long that - how can i let BT know this ....

Is this par the course for most people - its exactly what my pals told me and Im tempted to cancel right now as this must be a cooling period 

Appreciate any thoughts ....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Last minute delayed installations - should i cancel now ? cooling off period ?

I would extend your BT for a while yet, you will have probably need to phone them.

I would keep your BT connection until VM is installed, it might mean paying for the two connections for your BT notice period, but will have internet.
There is no reason you can run them side by side if you are careful to avoid the two wireless routers interfering with each other.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Last minute delayed installations - should i cancel now ? cooling off period ?

The cooling off period starts when your service is installed and you can get out without penalty if cancelled within 14 days.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos